We have been quite busy lately and I have neglected this blog. So, here is an update on everyone. David has been lifeguarding this summer. He has really enjoyed it a lot. He is quite tan and has lost some weight in the process. He has been spending a lot of time with the missionaries in our ward. They have been a wonderful example to him. He really is starting to be more missionary- like in his actions. Kacey is on the volleyball team for her school for the new school year. She is really excited and has been practicing hard. She gets her uniform tomorrow and has scrimmages on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. She is trying to finish up her summer homework(which she put off til now). Bethany enjoyed her first girl's camp this summer. I was a little worried about how she would like it, but she surprised me and loved it!! She spent a few weeks with her grandparents in Tennessee and has had a pretty quiet summer. She helps out a lot around the house. I am so thankful that she is still willing to help. It sure is a blessing when I have 100 things to do and not enough time for them all. Stephen enjoyed his first cub scout day camp this summer. I wasn't sure how he would survive being in the heat all day and having to walk all over the place. He did great. He learned how to shoot a bb gun and loved archery. He has more in common with David than he thought (David loves archery too). We are all preparing to say good bye to dad for 6 weeks. We have been trying to spend as much time together as we can before he leaves. It is kind of hard when he doesn't get home until 9, 10, 11 at night. So, we try to do something on the weekends. We went to Kings Dominion this past saturday and spent the whole time swimming (they have an awesome water park). We all put on sunscreen and I was the only one who got sunburned(go figure right??)!! He will be off thursday and friday- so we might head out there again or maybe go to the beach or something fun like that. Oh well, we will see how it goes. Nothing much else going on. Kids go back to school Sept. 2nd. They will all be going to new schools this year. Kind of cool how it worked out.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now that we're back home...I miss your family!!!Love you guys!
Post a Comment