Sunday, June 1, 2008

Humbled!


I have been properly humbled! The last few days I have been out of sorts. We have been redoing our bathroom. We had to replace the subfloor and put in a new tub and surround walls. There has been stuff everywhere and I haven't been able to do anything about it and it has driven me absolutely crazy. (Not that I am complaining, we feel very blessed to have such a wonderful friend do most of the work for us- Thank you Andy!!) So, tonight (things are about done) I started cleaning up as much as I could. Stephen comes up to me as I am sweeping the laundry room and asks me what my favorite thing to do is. I (in frustration) kind of snap at him and say, "I don't know- probably reading because its quiet." In his sweet innocence (anyone who knows him knows that he is a sweetheart) and gentle way he pipes up with "Well, mine is spending time with my family- especially you!" I, of course, had to stop and give him a hug and kiss. I thank Heavenly Father for sending me such a sweet child. He really knew what I needed. I love you Stephen. Thank you for lifting my mood and helping me have a better day.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my goodness...my heart is still smiling! I can't wait for a hug from him in a couple of weeks! Love you Stephen!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. He is such a sweet boy. All of your kids are really great! You guys must be really good parents.